Commitment to Continuing Education
When it comes to providing patients with lasting oral health, Dr. Garceau is a strong advocate of continuing education.
Her educational background includes:
- Fairfield University, graduated cum laude
- University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, DMD
- University of Connecticut, Residency and Fellowship in Advanced Education in General Dentistry
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Alumna, Pankey Institute
- Member of the CEREC Doctors Academy
- Ongoing Student , World Clinical Laser Institute and Sleep Group Solutions.
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Have Questions For Dr. Garceau? Call Us! 860-254-6189
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the right dentist?
It’s crucial that you trust your dentist and feel confident in the treatment you receive. Here are 5 helpful tips for choosing the best dentist:
- Check their qualifications. Your dentist should be certified by the American Dental Association (ADA) and actively pursue continuing education to remain at the forefront of their field.
- Make sure your insurance plan is accepted.
- Get recommendations from friends, family, and doctors you trust.
- For your convenience and peace of mind, choose a dentist who can meet all of your family’s needs. You don’t want to juggle appointments with a separate pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dentist if it’s not necessary.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with not only your prospective dentist, but with the entire practice as a whole. Visit the office and talk with other staff members before your appointment to ensure you always receive the compassionate care you expect.
What questions should I ask my dentist?
When you’re looking for a new dentist, it’s a good idea to interview them so you can be sure they’ll meet all of your specific needs. Questions you should ask include:
- How long have you been practicing?
- Where did you study?
- Do you hold any advanced certifications?
- What professional associations are you a member of?
- Have you received any awards or honors?
- Can you show me patient reviews and before-and-after photos?